Task Force 93
Task Force 93, also known as “S.E.A.R.C.H.” (Starfleet’s Exploratory and Advanced Research Command Headquarters), is a subordinate unit of Fourth Fleet operating in the Beta Quadrant.
Task Force 93 has served as a peacekeeping force along the Romulan border for the last half decade. Following the Hobus hypernova of April 2387, it temporarily operated within Romulan space to provide support. In September 2387, the Treaty of Nelvana resealed the Romulan borders introduced the new Raeyan Transit Corridor, a sliver of Federation space between the Romulan and Klingon Empires. Task Force 93 became responsible for maintaining this new corridor, as well as for conducting operations in the Raeyan Sector beyond. In early 2388, Task Force 93 absorbed Task Force 47 as part of a fleet reorganization, subsequently expanding our area of operations to include the Romulan border along the Gavarian Corridor, and, after the Gorn invasion of the Canterra sector in mid-2388, its area of operations was again expanded, this time to include all Federation territory along the Klingon and Gorn borders.
- Be part of amazing stories that are being developed in Task Force 93.
- Learn about the Task Force’s history, the current conflicts, and more.
- Apply for your own command in Task Force 93!
The USS Armstrong is a fresh, sleek Intrepid Class starship just out from the shipyards, and she's about to embark on the trip of a lifetime.
Currently, Task Force 93 has a four-point mandate:
- Monitor the activities of the Romulan Star Empire, which was destabilized after the destruction of Romulus and Remus
- Safeguard the Raeyan Transit Corridor, the only safe method of passage between core Federation territory and the Raeyan sector, and a crucial buffer between the Romulan and Klingon empires. Establish a permanent Federation presence in the Raeyan Transit Corridor, including infrastructure, colonization and exploration.
- Rebuild Starfleet’s presence in the Raeyan Sector, one that has fallen into disrepair after Task Force 58 withdrew from the region in 2386 and only a skeleton contingent was left to administer remaining regional assets.
- Civil War, within the Klingon Empire has alerted the Federation to keep monitoring the situation.
Area of Operations
Area of Operations for Task Force 93 includes; Romulan Neutral Zone, Klingon Border and the Rayean Transit Corridor.
A helpful map can be found on the following link:
The Atlantis is a science vessel at its core. While various forces threaten the stability of the Beta Quadrant, the Atlantis’s goal is to continue the original mission of the Federation: scientific discovery and cultural exchange.
Task Group 86
The Asger, shaken by the events on Everbright Colony, have returned to Starbase 34 to try and recoup. After an emotional runin with Internal Affairs, the crew is finally able to get some much needed R&R.
USS Devonshire is a go-anywhere-do-anything rapid response vessel, fitted out to tackle any crisis in the Beta Quadrant. Currently, she is leading a battle group against invading Gorn forces as part of Starfleet's effort to reclaim the occupied Canterra sector.
A long way from home, the Shanghai and her crew are stretched thin working to explore the Auriga Perseus arm and protect the civilians explorers and colonists in the region. In this young and dangerous part of the galaxy, exploration is key to survival - but there are few ships better suited to it.
Captain Sun Mei Xiang
Task Group 58
After a routine patrol along the Klingon Border, or what is now known as the Sovereignty of Kahless, the Armstrong has run into spatial anomalies that may not be what they seem.
Captain Richard Sterling
The U.S.S. Nightingale, a Nova-class Federation science vessel, has accidentally crossed into the Romulan Neutral Zone. Moments after the mistake was discovered, a Romulan warbird decloaked and opened fire. The attack took out most of the Nightingale’s engineering section and engineers.
Assigned to Starfleet Intelligence, the USS Ajax carries a 4 person Forward Intelligence & Surveillance Team and is assigned the task of Intelligence gathering throughout the entire TF93 operations area. Whether its checking up on the Romulans, watching the Klingons Civil War, the Ajax is there.