As Time Goes By…: [Phase 2]: ‘The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!’ – Log Entry Writing
Another fiction piece of writing, this time players must pick from a particular battle that took place in Starfleet’s past and to write their own log entry after it took place. The battles include:
- The Xindi probe attack on Earth which started the Xindi War in 2153;
- The Battle of the Binary Stars which started the Federation-Klingon War in 2256;
- The M-5 Drill in 2268;
- The Battle of Khitomer in 2293 between General Chang, Captains Kirk and Sulu once the conspiracy was revealed;
- The Setlik III Massacre in 2347 during the Federation-Cardassian War;
- The Battle of Wolf 359 in 2367, the first major conflict between the Federation & the Borg;
- The Battle of Sector 001 in 2373, the second Borg incursion into Federation space;
- The Second Battle of Chin’toka in 2375, the battle during the Dominion War that brought the Breen into the war;
- The Voyager Homecoming Incident in 2377 where the USS Voyager arrived in the Alpha Quadrant with the Borg
Entries should be no longer than 1000 words long and will be submitted to the Bravo Fleet Forums. Links should be included in the competition submission.
Entries must be made in the first person/past tense. Please no massive egos, e.g.: one-character defeating all of the bad guys in one go!
- How they integrate their character in the battle.
- use of detail from what we know about the battles (using sources of information like the episodes they were in as well as other sources like Memory Alpha).
- The quality of originality and description that makes the reader believe the character was there.