[Phase 1]: The First Act
To throw off the yoke of the Romulan Star Empire, the people of the Velorum Sector need help. Protection, support, supplies – the path to self-determination is a long one with many obstacles, and the Fourth Fleet is here to render assistance.
Write about how your ship’s adventure in the Velorum Sector begins. ‘Begins’ is a loose word – it can be the moment your characters learn of their mission. The moment they arrive. The ‘inciting incident’ setting the tone of everything that is to come. This is the first act of the three act play, and this story should be a defining moment of Act 1: Setup.
Your story might address one or several of the following questions:
– Where are your crew when they learn of their mission to Velorum? What are they doing, how does this disrupt their lives and work?
– What does their arrival to Velorum look like? What initial obstacles or encounters will set the tone for the mission to come?
– What is the first real challenge the ship faces in Operation: Sundered Wings?
- Your story should be between 2,000 and 3,000 words in length (Google Docs, not BFMS, will be used to determine word count)
- The entry should be written in your Command’s Mission attached to the Sundered Wings Fleet-Wide Mission, and linked to in the submission. While we allow and encourage you to choose a Story from your ongoing Fleet Action fiction, only the single submitted Story will be graded and judged.
- Stories from Starbase Bravo are not eligible for this competition.
- Submitted Stories must have a single author.
- Stories will be graded in accordance with the Bravo Fleet Fiction Rubric, which marks on the following criteria: Language, Style, & Mechanics; Adherence to Canon; Perspective; Characterization; Originality; Use of the Prompt.