Writers love nothing more than feedback. Now BFMS gives us Comments on Stories, where readers can talk about what in a tale has made them laugh, cry, gasp. Writing a good, helpful, thoughtful Comment is its own skill, its own investment of time, something on which the Lore Office has given guidance.
Write as many Comments as you can on *any* BFMS Story – New Comments posted in the competition period only! But not just any comment, not just a quick ‘well done’ – these must be Competition-Standard, as laid out in the guide: a good paragraph of feedback, at least three sentences of some substance. Tell the writer what you’ve enjoyed about their work, and do it in some depth. Writing reviews is a skill, and practice makes perfect!
- Submissions must consist of links to the BFMS Stories in which you have commented. If you have left multiple Comments on a Story, make it clear which is being submitted.
- Comments must be written during the competition period; the Story may have been posted at any time.
- Submissions will place by the highest number of comments written during the competition period.
- Only one Comment per Story will be counted.
- The Comment must be Competition-Standard, as per the Lore Office Guide; this will be determined by the organiser and substandard Comments will be disqualified from the count.
- Ties will be broken by order of competition submission.