- Promotions to Admiral are decided on a case-by-case basis.
The Bravo Fleet Commanding Officer and Chief of Staff look at the whole record of the prospective promotee including, but not limited to:
- - competitions entered and organized;
- - fiction and role-playing contributions;
- - gaming activity;
- - academy activity;
- - service as a mentor;
- - medals earned;
- - projects completed;
- - leadership, both in formal and informal roles; and,
- - administrative experience in a department and/or task force staff work.
The latter two often hold a greater weight with each subsequent rank. It should be noted that activity, staff work, and projects already recognized by medals following the most recent promotion directly counts in the consideration of senior officer promotions. How one interacts within the larger organization and develops good relationships with others also plays a role as it represents one's growth and maturity in the club. Strive to establish your strengths and never be afraid to test your weaknesses.
- There is no clean path toward a senior officer promotion, no absolute rules or expectations. Be active. If you want to know what you can do, speak to a member of the Bravo Fleet Senior Staff and ask what projects you could take lead on At this rank, it is expected that the promotee is already established as a leader within our group. Leadership is evaluated based on consistency, achievements, and the satisfaction of your superiors.
- The Chief of Staff encourages members to keep personal activity logs that can be shared with your leaders periodically. Members should continue to record activity not otherwise evident on their dossiers, such as competitions organized and entered, significant staff work completed (including projects) and any other matters that cannot be recorded (this does not include your current discord level). Leaders looking to submit an officer promotion are encouraged to first contact the Chief of Staff to determine the member’s eligibility while consulting the writing recommendations examples.